Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Goodbye Lola Yoda

Thoughts: New things come after Old things. An old-long life has ended. I now hope that a new life will start. It is painful to have someone leave this world even if we knew it was her time. Now I wonder how much joy can we gain when someone new will be born..
Music: Amazing Grace by Leanne Rimes (I sang this song for her last night in Knox United Methodist Church, Sta. Cruz, Manila)



Moja's Blog:
Our Lola Yoda, real name Lola Emiliana, died last Wednesday January 16. She had reached 92 years and should be 93 on July 20. She died because of her old age. She was still singing hymns on her bed. She could still recognize some visitors. She didn't feel too much pain. She died happily. We thank God for his faithfulness to our grandmother. God has promised abundant blessings for us all because of her. She hoped hard. She prayed hard. We love her so much.

Lola Yoda, you told me I am your Princess. You love me and my name Lea because it was taken from the bible - your only granddaughter with a biblical name. You are always proud of me when I sing, your Princess Lea. But Lola, I always sing because I know my grandma will be so happy to hear me sing for her and her God.

I promise to pass on the richness of God's grace and mercy in our family. I'll do my best to hope in the Lord always. We will never waste what you have started. You are my inspiration. We will preserve and gain more of God's blessings. We will reach more souls as what you've accomplished even to your death. In Jesus'name. Amen.